Mediterranean Shrimp Cauliflower BowlJump to Recipe
- Seasoning: My go-to seasoning is from The Spice Lab. Their Spicy Seafood seasoning is amazing and award winning (literally). A good alternative is the Blackened Seasoning as well. If you don’t like heat, you can go with a simple salt and pepper as well.
- Feta: I don’t think you can go wrong with Feta in most cases. However, the best Feta I have had is the Garlic and Herb Feta from Athenos. The additional flavor it has from the seasoning adds to this dish perfectly. Sometimes I will add a little to the cauliflower while it is cooking to have a more creamy texture.
- Riced Cauliflower: I like to take the easy route here and buy this premade from Green Giant, I find it easier to cook when I am in a rush and the taste is consistent. However, if you want to make it homemade, the Minimalist Baker has a quick and easy recipe here.
Mediterranean Shrimp Cauliflower Bowl
Nutrient packed bowl with Cauliflower Rice, Cherry Tomatoes, Spinach, Feta, Chickpeas and Shrimp.
- 1 Cup Riced Cauliflower
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Mediterranean Seasoning Italian seasoning works as well
- ⅛-¼ Cup Feta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Spicy Seafood Seasoning or Blacked Seasoning
- 8-10 Shrimp
- 8 oz Chickpeas
- Paprika and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse, pat dry with paper towel and place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with paprika and cayenne pepper (optional). Once oven is heated, place in oven for 15 minutes, shaking half way through.
- Heat medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Add riced cauliflower, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Mediterranean seasoning and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Heat 1tbs olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Season deshelled shrimp with spicy seafood seasoning or blackened seasoning and sauté in pan for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are cooked through.
- In a bowl, pour riced cauliflower on the bottom, top with roasted chickpeas, feta and shrimp.
View other lunch and dinner here.