Life has been busy! With companies going back to “normal” and work travel picking up, I have had less time to focus on nutrition an new recipes. However, this has also been a blessing because the recipes that I have been creating have been super fast and just as tasty. This has been my go-to for a quick an easy meal or meal prep lately because it doesn’t take a lot of time, it has a great macronutrient ratio for me and it involves one of my favorite flavors…Taco! This recipe creates 3-5 meals depending on how much you want per serving. You can substitute the shrimp with chicken if you prefer. Macros are listed at the bottom!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 bag of Shrimp (roughly 600-700 grams) – Peeled and Deveined
- 1.5 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 box Banza Penne (8 oz)
- Optional: Jalapenos or Chilies
- In a large pot, start water for pasta. Cook pasta until al dente. ~10-11. Don’t overcook because when you mix the pasta in later, it will fall apart since it is made of chickpeas.
- Cut onion and peppers Julien style
- In a large pot or sauce pan, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Once hot, add peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Cover and let cook for 5 minutes and add Taco Seasoning and Pepper to taste.
- Stir every few minutes until veggies are very soft and then add washed, peeled and deveined shrimp and cook until shrimp are fully cooked and have turned pink.
- Drain cooked pasta and add pasta to the pot with veggies and shrimp. Stir and serve or save for your lunch tomorrow!
Full Recipe Nutrition: