Appetizers, Snacks & Sides
Bruschetta Pita BitesJump to Recipe
Looking for an easy appetizer to make? These little pita appetizers are a family favorite. This can serve as a healthy afterschool snack or an appetizer at your next dinner party.
- Bread: My favorite pita bread is Joseph’s flax oat and whole wheat pita bread. It is low in calories and carbs yet high in protein. Josephs MINI pita snacks are is a great base for many appetizers, especially this one.
- Cheese: To make this as simple as possible, try buying already sliced fresh mozzarella of the mozzarella balls and cut them in half. I chose to use sliced fresh mozzarella from BelGioioso.
- Balsamic Drizzle: For this, I chose to buy the glaze premade. You can find this in the condiments isle of most grocery stores. However, if you want to make it from scratch you can by adding 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 3 tbs sweetener of choice to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low heat and allow to simmer until reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool before serving.
Bruschetta Pita Bites
Joseph's pita bread bruschetta bites are perfect finger food. These tiny bites will be gone in no time. Tomatoes, Mozzarella, arugula, balsamic and a garlic brushed pita.
- 1 pack Josheph's MINI Pita Snacks
- 1 8oz BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Sliced
- 1 handful Arugula
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Drizzle
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 9 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Mix olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl with a dash of salt and pepper.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, lay pita bread out and lightly brush both sides of pita bread with garlic olive oil.
- Place pita bread in oven on middle rack for 5 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Do not flip.
- Take pita bread out of oven and let cool. You will notice that the pita bread may be filled with air. Don't worry, you can lightly press the air out of the pita bread and the bread will look like mini cups.
- Once cool enough to touch, place a few pieced of arugula on each pita bread, a slice of mozzarella and a half of a tomato. NOTE: If tomato won't stay, secure by placing toothpick in the middle of the tomato.
- Arrange on dish and drizzle balsamic glaze on top, serve warm or cold.