Bacon Egg & CheeseJump to Recipe
Looking for a good breakfast sandwich? Try this bacon, egg and cheese sandwich that is made on whole wheat artistry bread, has two eggs, red peppers, poblano peppers, red onion, Boarshead white American cheese and bacon. It is filling, nutritious and high in protein.
While this recipe includes cooking your own bacon, which does add additional cook time, you have the option to go the simple and easy rout by using fully cooked bacon. Boarshead has a really good fully cooked bacon that can be found in most grocery stores.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 slice American Cheese
- ¼ Red Bell Pepper sliced
- ¼ Poblano Pepper sliced
- ¼ Small Red Onion sliced
- 2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 pinch Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper
- Cook bacon by preheating oven to 400 degrees and placing bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- While Bacon is cooking, wash and dry all produce. Remove core and seeds from peppers and Slice Red Bell Pepper, Poblano Pepper and Red Onion.
- Heat 1tsp olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Once heated, combine peppers, onions, garlic, salt and pepper in pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and softened. Once done, set aside.
- Put bread in toaster.
- While bread is toasting, heat another small non-stick pan on medium heat with a tsp of butter. Once pan is hot, crack two eggs into pan. Cook eggs until the whites are almost no longer runny and then flip. Once you flip, place cheese on eggs to melt.
- Once Bacon is done, take out of oven and lightly pat bacon with a paper towel to soak up some of the grease.
- Assemble sandwich by placing bread down on plate, putting veggies on the bread, egg and then bacon. Enjoy!