Supremely Chewy Fudge BrowniesJump to Recipe
These chocolate brownies are the fudgy-est, most chewy and moist brownies I have ever made. I have tried a bunch of recipes and usually there is one or two things I like about each one but I am never satisfied with the entire thing. For example, I love a crispy top, crispy edge but a soft and gooey center that doesn’t dry out overnight.
The key to these brownies is the way we utilize the chocolate. Some people just use cocoa powder or just use chocolate chips; others will top with chocolate chips or mix the chips in the batter. This brownie mix uses both cocoa powder and melted chocolate which gives it that fudge consistency in the middle and crispiness on the edges.
Make Them Festive
I chose to use M&M Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate M&M’s in, and on top of the brownies to make them festive for the holiday. However, you can skip these completely or you can substitute with any of the below to make them festive for any holiday.
- 4th of July:
- Mint M&M
- Candy Canes
Supremely Chewy Fudge Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter M&M optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease an 8×12-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray and line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed well. (1-2 minutes)
- Melt chocolate chips. You can do this by using the melt feature on the microwave and stirring every few seconds until fully melted or you can heat 2 inches of water up and place a bowl in the hot water with chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Mix melted chocolate in with the mixture until fully combined.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Fold the ingredients in until combined but don't over mix.
- Chop up half of the M&M and fold in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for a more fudgy texture. Cook for 35 minutes if you don't like them fudgy or chewy.
- You can use 1 cup butter if desired. It makes it taste slightly different but keeps the texture and is really great.
- Let brownies cool before cutting or they will fall apart.
- When cutting, the knife will not be clean like firm brownies, this is okay. The brownies are cooked enough to be safe to eat.
For more Dessert Recipes subscribe to my blog or click here to see what we have!