Baked Spinach Feta DipJump to Recipe
This appetizer combines Feta, Cherry Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Roasted Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Cream Cheese to make a incredibly delicious dip served with warm Pita chips.
If you have downloaded TikTok than you probably have seen the Feta block pasta with Cherry Tomatoes. A viral video of a someone baking a block of feta, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and some herbs and spices. and mixing it with pasta has caught the eye of many, and for good reason! It’s a great idea and that is what inspired this appetizer. However, I couldn’t leave out my favorite ingredient, roasted garlic!
Baked Spinach Feta Dip
- 1 block Feta 7oz
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 head Garlic
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 6-8 Pita Bread
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat one to 400°F.
- Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the entire garlic bulb.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4 to off the top top of cloves.
- Put garlic in baking pan cut side up so you can see the garlic cloves and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cover garlic clove with tinfoil and bake at 400°F 30-40 minutes, or until the cloves are lightly browned and feel soft if you press or poke them.
- Once garlic is done, remove, let cool.
- Keep oven at 400°, Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a pan that is at least 4×6, place feta block in the center of the pan, spread tomatoes around feta, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut 3 tbsp cream cheese into small chunks and place throughout the dish on top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then carefully take dip out of the oven. While cooking, prep Pita Chips.
- Chop 1 cup fresh spinach and stir into dip. Place back into oven for 10 more minutes.
- Once roasted garlic is done, squeeze roasted garlic out of it's shell and mash it into a paste.
- Stir roasted garlic paste into dip and keep warm until Pita Chips are done.
- Cut Pita bread into 6 triangles each and put on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and place in oven on bottom rack for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn Pita chips half way though. NOTE: Don't cook until super crispy. They will get more crispy once they cool. You want them slightly crispy on the outside but still soft in the middle.
- Once golden brown, take out and serve warm or cold with the Spinach Feta Dip
- Olive Oil: Substitute regular olive oil with garlic and herb or basil olive oil for additional flavor.
- Reheating: Reheat in oven or in microwave bowl.
- Add spice by sprinkling with red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t want to make the Pita Chips from scratch, you can buy Stacy’s Pita Chips as an alternative.
Share on Instagram and Pinterest! If you like the recipe leave a comment below and check out our other appetizers here.