Chicken Spinach Artichoke Stuffed ShellsJump to Recipe
This hearty stuffed shell dish consists of shredded chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, lots of cheese and alfredo sauce.
Chicken Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Shells
Stuffed shells with shredded chicken and spinach artichoke "dip".
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Mozzarella
- ½ Cup Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 1 Cup Artichoke Hearts, in water
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt and Pepper
Pasta & Topping
- 1 Box Jumbo Shells
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Garlic minced
- ½ Tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and start Pasta
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add jumbo shells and cook for 11-12 minutes until cooked al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and place chicken breast in the pot. Boil until cooked – about 12-15 minutes
- Remove chicken breast and place into a mixer. Mix on medium until chicken is shredded.
- Combine all stuffing ingredients in the mixer and put on low until fully mixed together and set aside.
- Add the butter and cream to a large skillet.
- Whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for 1-2 minute.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Drizzle olive oil or lightly butter pan to prevent sticking.
- Stuff shells with 2 Tbsp. of Chicken Artichoke stuffing and place in rows next to each other in a 8×11 baking container.
- Cover with alfredo sauce and top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack until cheese is lightly browned on top. Plate and serve warm.
- If you are storing these then you will want to ensure you either have extra sauce. To prevent the shells from drying out, you will want to pour extra alfredo sauce over the shells in a container and store in the refrigerator. They are good up to 3 days after cooking.
- The best way to make shredded chicken is by cooking it and then shredding it with a mixer. This can be done with a countertop mixer or with you can place chicken in a large bowl and use a handheld mixer. You can do this with pulled pork and brisket as well.
Try partnering this with our our pull apart garlic bread.