Pico Avocado ToastJump to Recipe
This is a super simple and refreshing breakfast that will leave you feeling full, longer. Avocado toast with fresh pico, topped with a poached egg. The poached egg is a little unconventional though since it is made in a ladle. I struggle making a true poached egg and a few weeks ago I saw someone post on their Instagram how they use a ladle to make a perfectly round poached egg, so I had to give it a try. It’s practically fail proof! View the video below to see how you can make a perfect poached egg for breakfast.
Pico Avocado Toast
- 1-2 tbsp Red Onions, diced
- ¼ Lime, juiced
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 egg
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Whole Grain Toast
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne and Paprika. Optional
- Heat a small pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating up, dice red onion, tomatoes and cilantro and combine in small bowl. Squeeze ¼ lime juice over the mixture, stir and set aside.
- Put bread in toaster. Once toast is done, transfer to a plate, cut avocado in half and take half of the avocado and smash it on the toast.
- Once water is boiling, take out a mettle ladle and either put olive oil on it or spray it with non-stick spray. Crack one egg in the ladle and place in water but do not submerge completely. Once the edges of the egg are white, you will submerge the ladle in the hot water so that it cooks the top of the egg.
- Wait about 2 minutes until slightly jiggly but top is white and carefully drain water from ladle. Be careful not to drop the egg.
- Top toast with pico.
- Carefully place the egg on top of the pico and then season with the following, which are optional: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne and Paprika.
View more breakfast ideas here.