Tomato Spinach Pesto SauceJump to Recipe
This sauce is perfect over pasta or on a sandwich. It is dairy free and packed with flavor and nutrients. The best part, is it is ready in minutes! You take all the sauce ingredients and just process them, or blend them, for about 1-2 minutes and it is ready.
I personally prefer this over pasta with some salt and pepper shrimp or used as a condiment on an Italian style sandwich.
Tomato Spinach Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, packed
- 2 cup Fresh Spinach
- 3-4 Small Garlic Cloves (2 large ones)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes (1 Container)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes Optional
- Add all ingredients in a processer and process for 1 minute. Everything should be well combined but it should not be a paste.
- No Cooking: You can serve over hot pasta without cooking the sauce
- Cooking: Fold into pasta and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add your protein of choice such as shrimp or chicken and then serve hot.