Bruschetta Inspired Avocado ToastJump to Recipe
Avocado toast has become very populate over the last few years but how many of you just eat avocado on toast? Boring! Change it up with this Bruschetta inspired avocado toast. It is easy to make and tastes incredible. Try with a sunny side up egg, scrambled eggs or no egg. I have tried all three and they all taste great. If you are looking for a vegan or vegetarian option then just skip the egg and use some extra avocado to fill you up.
Bruschetta Inspired Avocado Toast
- 1 Slice Bread
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Egg
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Handful Arugula
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put bread in toaster
- While bread is toasting, prepare tomatoes and avocado by cutting tomatoes in halves and slicing avocado into slivers. Save other half of the avocado but putting in a container or plastic bag. To prevent browning, rub a tiny amount of lemon juice on avocado before putting away.
- Take toast out and place on plate, spread avocado on toast, and put a handful of arugula on avocado and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Cook an egg sunny side up or over easy. The best way to do this is to have anon-stick pan, heat it on low and then place egg in pan on low heat until cooked to your liking. You don't want to turn the egg over unless you prefer your eggs cooked all the way through or if you are going for a fried egg. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Top the toast with egg, drizzle balsamic glaze on top and ENJOY!
- Chopping up the arugula and tomatoes with the balsamic glaze can make it easier to eat but it won’t plate as nice.
- Easily make this into a sandwich by using two pieces of bread of putting in between a pita bread.
- Adding pickled onion is a great touch if you are an onion lover. Simply slice red onion and let sit in some vinegar for 15-20 minutes and place on top of arugula.