Mexican Egg Breakfast CupsJump to Recipe
Quick and easy Mexican influenced breakfast. This breakfast can be done in less than 20 minutes, is low carb and packed with nutrients. Using Missions low carb tortillas, you will have a fiber packed breakfast that will keep you full longer. Each cup consists of a tortilla, egg, peppers, onions, cheese and seasoning.
Mexican Egg Breakfast Cups
- 2 Tortillas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Poblano Pepper or Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 tbsp Red Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Red Bell Pepper diced
- ¼ cup Mexican or Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Salt, Pepper and Taco Seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Dice onion and peppers
- Place one tortilla in each muffin tin. You may have to slightly fold the edges in three places to prevent the tortilla from ripping and to ensure it fits snuggly in the muffin tin.
- Crack one egg in each cup, sprinkle with salt, pepper and taco seasoning. If you don't have taco seasoning you can use paprika or chili seasoning.
- Divide diced veggies into two and top the egg.
- Divide cheese and sprinkle the cheese on each egg cup.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes on the bottom rack. 10 minutes will be a soft egg, 12 minutes will give you a medium egg and 15 will give you a well done egg.
- Enjoy! Feel free to serve with Salsa, Picante Sauce and/or Sour Cream